Welcome to the Just Good Score proof of concept platform.
This site serves as a demonstration platform for a tool that will have immense impact once it is more fully developed.
We have had several previous funding offers, but each offer was dependent on changes to the system that we believe would have corrupted the system’s unique capacity to deliver authentic change.
Just Good Score is an ethics-driven system that is accountable to people and the environment first, and therefore it must remain independent of corporate interests to to maintain its authentic integrity. This is a tool for both people and planet. It is a bottom-up funded and supported initiative that needs your help.
We have an unprecedented moment in history to shift this emerging industry to standards that are good for both the planet and 99% of the population. We aim to prove that comprehensive socially just and environmentally sustainable commerce is both possible and achievable. Join us. We have a planet to save, so let’s get to it!
Help Us Continue the Development of this Tool
What’s Unique About Just Good Score?
- Just Good Score is guided by the principle that the unique solutions that we need as a planet can only be achieved when we have the right group of people and communities at the table, in a cross-sector collaborative conversation. Therefore, the weighting and direction of Just Good Score areas will be directed by a roundtable of leading environmental and social justice advocates, the best scoring companies, and our team of economists, natural scientists, and public health experts.
- One of the driving forces to create Just Good Score was our analysis of the limitations of existing consumer labels and certifications programs, ones that overwhelmingly rely upon the same businesses they are evaluating for funding. We believe this to be a fundamental conflict of interest, thus a structural barrier to effective change. Just Good Score is driven by the principle that effective change needs to be led by the people and communites most impacted, and that any evaluation of businesses needs to be absolutely independent from industry. Just Good Score draws upon the lessons learned from both the successes and structural limitations of past frameworks, certifications, and labeling programs.
- We believe one fundamental reason initiatives for change fail is because individual short-term interests are able to gain priority over collective interests. Our system is uniquely designed to capture and deliver authentic data from our diverse body of community partners, while preventing individual entities/sectors from usurping the collective goal of a thriving, environmentally sustainable and socially just cannabis industry.
- We believe effective solutions require integration of environmental, social, and market concerns as a fundamental principle.
- Just Good Score is unique in that it was designed with internal processes to ensure integrity, authenticity, and accountability.